Unique night spearfishing Experience on Lake Hamana
** NOTE – This product is not available in 2020 – please check back in 2021
Have the whole place to yourself.
Experience traditional fishing “Takiya-Ryo,” which has a history of over 100 years at the beautiful “Lake Hamana” – a salt water lake connected to the sea in western Shizuoka Prefecture.
The night fishing commences at sunset in a small boat and experience catching fish using just a spear and net. Your catch is then grilled and battered for a tempura dinner while you relax on “TAKIYA BASE” – a floating dining raft close to shore.
Enjoy the charm of Lake Hamana, enjoying the peacefulness of the calm lake while watching Bullet trains rush back and forth is a truly unique experience.
The featured accommodations are a private lodge with a dedicated dock, so guests can leave for the fishing experience directly from the inn, and venture out after dinner.
After checkout, the local area features a lot of activities, such as cycling, trekking, golf, hot springs, cycling, water sports and touring the local fishing towns.
1. Experience traditional fishing – “Takiya-Ryo (Night Fishing)” at Hamamatsu Hamana Lake
2. Departure from a dedicated dock at the inn.
3. Accommodation in a traditional Japanese style inn – “Inoue” at Bentenjima, on Lake Hamana (breakfast included)
4. English interpreter as your guide
5. Dinner on the raft “TAKIYA BASE,” with chairs and tables.
6. Includes accompanying drinks and main dishes (guests are permitted to bring additional items if desired)
Book your Night spearfishing Experience – Lake Hamana Today!
One boat 2 people 100,000 yen (50,000 yen / person)
One boat 3 people 120,000 yen (40,000 yen / person)
One boat 4 people 145,000 yen (36,250 yen / person)
* Price Includes 1.5 hour spearfishing experience, meal on floating restaurant, accommodation and breakfast
Tour size: 2 – 7 people (max 4 people per boat)
Availability / Operating Hours
May ~ October
* Weather Dependant
Meeting Time & Place
Check-in by 6PM (Takiya-Ryo from 7PM to 10:30PM)
Boat leaves from dock in front of Oyado Inoue Inn
Check out is at 10AM
Fishing (approx. 1.5 hours), Dinner at “TAKIYA BASE” (approx. 1.5 hours)
10 days in advance
Access from Hamamatsu Station
Take the Tokaido Main Line and get off at Bentenjima Station.
Exit Bentenjima Station and walk straight, past the marina.
Turn left before crossing the bridge, the inn is on the left.
Access by Car
20 minutes from Tomei Expressway – Hamamatsu Nishi I.C. to Waterfront Inn Oyado “Inoue” – MAP
※ For parties of 4, interpreters will be unable to board the boat, so the interpreter will join from dinner at TAKIYA BASE.
· Please come in shoes good for walking and that you don’t mind getting dirty.
· The hotel features Japanese sleeping arrangements, with a futon mattress spread on tatami.
· Breakfast seating is on the floor, at a table on the tatami mat – Japanese style.
· The accommodations are limited to 2 guests per room.
· If the fishing is cancelled due to the weather, we also offer another plan unique to Lake Hamana.
<Night Fishing cancellation due to weather>
We also offer another plan unique to Lake Hamana. Please contact us for more details.
No charge for cancellations up to 4 days before the trip.
Cancellations fee charged within 3 days of booking – ￥7,000 ～ ￥46,000 (Depending on number of participants)